This easy, healthy chicken salad recipe is full of protein and vegetables! A quick and simple meal for busy weeknights.?
This salad is like summer. In a bowl. That you can eat for dinner.
Also, it is one of those Mondays. I had this whole post written and ready, and then poof! My screen went blank for half a second and suddenly everything I’d been working on for the last 45 minutes was gone. Are you kidding, world? (I even saved as I went – so you don’t even have to give me the “you should save your work” speech. I was totally on that! Just didn’t matter. Ugh). Actually, I’ve just discovered that all of the photos I uploaded are still here. Just not all the text I wrote. WHAT GIVES?! I think I need a cupcake. And a nap. And maybe some more of this salad. And then maybe another cupcake.
But before my snappy post got deleted, I was telling you all about this salad. And how it’s delicious. And how versatile it is. I throw in whatever I have handy. Like bell peppers (YUM) or green onions (ALSO YUM) or omitting the chicken entirely and adding chick peas in its place (STILL YUM). It’s like a big summer, vegetable-y blank canvas. A blank canvas of deliciousness.
Also, it takes all of thirty seconds to put this together. SCORE.Print
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn or shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (Or 2 large tomatoes, diced)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn (about 3–4 ears, depending on size)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or cilantro yogurt sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. I like to add a tablespoon or so of lime juice if I’m using greek yogurt as the dressing – it gives it a nice zing!
- That’s it! Serve immediately and enjoy!
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen