These crispy parmesan wonton crackers are a perfect quick snack! This post was recently updated to include new photos and streamlined instructions.
This post contains affiliate links: if you buy something we’ll earn a small commission at no cost to you.
These parmesan wonton crackers are my FAVORITE way to use up leftover wonton wrappers. They’re crispy, sturdy, incredibly easy to make, and a great alternative to ultra-processed, ultra-salty snack foods.
Here’s the ingredient list we’re working with for these quick and simple homemade crackers:
- Store-bought wonton wrappers
- Olive Oil (or avocado oil! or liquid coconut oil! or canola oil! or melted butter!)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley (or basil, or dill, or cilantro!)
- Salt and Pepper
The crackers are ready to eat in less than half an hour, and they have a great crunch and a gorgeous color. Easy enough to make as an afternoon snack-for-one, but still pretty enough to throw in a bowl at a holiday party.
Mix up the herbs and seasonings here however you like – we love a simple salted cracker, swapping the parsley for basil or dill, adding a dash of smoked paprika, turmeric, or cayenne, or swapping the savory toppings for a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar (check out our favorite four riffs on these homemade crackers in this video!)
Store your homemade crackers in an airtight container on the counter for a day, or freeze them for easy snacking anytime.
You can keep these in the fridge if you prefer, but I find it dries the crackers out a little more. To be honest, though, these crackers go fast – I rarely need to find a place to store them at all! The recipe is also very forgiving: scale the number of crackers up or down so you make just what you need!
Video: How to Make Parmesan Wonton Crackers
Easy homemade crackers made from wonton wrappers with parmesan and parsley.
- 25 square wonton wrappers (about 1/2 of a standard package)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut square wonton wrappers in half to form rectangles.
- Lay wonton rectangles out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush wonton wrappers with olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle wonton wrappers with parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until wonton crackers are lightly browned and crispy. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
A note about olive oil.?You can use a silicone pastry brush to brush a light layer of olive oil over your crackers, but we also love our Misto Oil Sprayer here! Pour some olive oil into the canister, use the pump cap to push some air into the bottle, and spray just like a canister of cooking spray!
Additions and Substitutions.?Use avocado oil, canola oil, liquid coconut oil, or melted butter in place of the olive oil. Use chopped basil, dill, or cilantro in place of the parsley, or omit it entirely. Strict vegetarians should look for parmesan cheese made without rennet. We have not tested this recipe with rice wrappers or pasta dough.
Ingredients and Equipment. We’ve used Melissa’s Won Ton Wraps and Nasoya Won Ton Wraps?here, but use what you have on hand! If you’re brushing olive oil onto your wonton wrappers, we love a small silicone pastry brush. To spray the oil onto your crackers, we love our Misto Oil Sprayer.
How to serve these parmesan wonton crackers: Serve these homemade crackers on a cheese plate, with a bowl of hummus, or alongside your favorite dip! We love using these with our Roasted Red Pepper Baked Ricotta, Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Dip, or Smoked Salmon Dip.
Like this recipe? Try our salted wonton crackers or check out this video with four different wonton cracker recipes!?
Keywords: crackers, wonton wrappers, appetizers