You might remember that I have a serious thing for smoked salmon. (Who doesn’t? It’s DELICIOUS.) I also love breakfast, even though if I had my way I’d never be awake until well after breakfast time. Breakfast for dinner, though? Always a win.
These smokes salmon scrambled eggs are the perfect breakfast-for-dinner (or breakfast-for-breakfast, if you want to be all “correct” about it) dish. It’s another recipe I get from my mama – she’s the bomb. (No big deal.) Also the bomb? THESE EGGS.
And, speaking of things that are the bomb dot com, there are big things happening this week!??We just signed a lease on a new apartment (with a WAY HUGE KITCHEN. WHAT UP.) and are MOVING!?I will finally have enough counter space to store my stand mixer in plain sight (YES) instead of keeping it in a sad little cupboard and having to lift it from the floor to the counter every time I want to make ANYTHING. So be prepared for an onslaught?of baked goods, friends. I will be?mixin’ and bakin’ up a STORM when we’re all?moved in.
In other “big news” news,? you may have missed the changes on my “about” page?– but Life As A Strawberry now has an official facebook page AND a foodgawker gallery! Be sure to check them out when you get a chance.
For now, just whip yourself up some of these scrambled eggs and enjoy.Print
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion
- 5 tsp. cream cheese, divided into 1/2-tsp increments (as seen in photo above)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, onion, salt and pepper together.
- Flake the smoked salmon into the bowl by gently pulling it apart. Mix gently.
- Add 2-1/2 tsp. of the cream cheese to the mixture, 1/2 tsp. at a time (as shown in photo above). Mix gently.
- Pour the egg mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir often with a spatula or spoon.
- When the eggs are about halfway cooked (between 2-5 minutes), add the remaining 2-1/2 teaspoons of cream cheese, again adding in 1/2 tsp. increments.
- Cook the eggs for an additional 2-5 minutes or until cooked through.