HOST THE ULTIMATE
FIRST THINGS FIRST:
GRAB YOUR THANKSGIVING PLANNING WORKBOOK!
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with our done-for-you planning workbook – FREE when you join our email list! With ready-to-go checklists, timelines, and more so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your holiday.
WELCOME TO THE
TURKEY DAY THUNDERDOME!
We’ve compiled our favorite Thanksgiving recipes, tips and resources (check out our all-new Thanksgiving Planner aka your new Thanksgiving BFF above) in one handy-dandy place to help YOU achieve Total Turkey Day World Domination (TTDWD, if you will).
master the basics
COOKING 101 TUTORIALS
LIGHTENED-UP THANKSGIVING MENU
A lighter Thanksgiving menu with healthier spins on classic recipes!
MENU FOR SPECIAL DIETS (ALL VEGAN, DF, GF)
Classic Thanksgiving recipes adapted for dietary restrictions!
see exactly how to make our favorite thanksgiving dishes!
We haven’t put up our own Thanksgiving Turkey 101 guide (YET!) but these resources have you covered:
- Everything You Need to Know About Buying a Turkey?(Covers everything from what size turkey to buy, to fresh vs. frozen, to the differences between types of turkeys – via The Kitchn)
- All About Buying Turkey (Covers turkey types, when to buy your turkey, and the deal with those pop-up timers –?via Epicurious)
- How to Dry Brine a Thanksgiving Turkey?(a great how-to guide with step-by-step photos and video from Cassie over at Wholefully!)
- Chipotle Citrus Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe & Guide (a recipe from my friend Isabel at?Isabel Eats – perfect if you’re looking for something a little different and full of tips to choose, defrost, and roast the perfect turkey!)
- Looking for some stuffing inspiration? Check out this comprehensive guide to all things stuffing.
We love Thanksgiving (FOOD! FRIENDS!) but it’s important to remember this holiday can be especially difficult for food-insecure families, and that it goes hand in hand with some terrible truths about U.S. history.
As you celebrate, we encourage you to also learn about & support organizations working to correct the inequalities in our food system and our country. Here are some resources we’ve found helpful as we do our own work to be more effective allies:
- 7 thoughtful ways to be an ally to Native Americans on Thanksgiving (and beyond)?
- Do American Indians Celebrate Thanksgiving?
- A Thanksgiving Message from Seven Amazing Native Americans
- Organizations:?National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center?&?The American Indian College Fund
And here are some resources I recommend if you’d like to help families struggling with hunger this holiday season (PS – you can read about my graduate work on hunger & stigma?here):
- Feeding America?is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. They work with food banks and community programs across the country.
- Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry?– Turn your Thanksgiving feast into a fundraiser for?No Kid Hungry, a national nonprofit that provides food & programming to help the 1 in 6 American children who face hunger.?Sign up to host?your own dinner and they’ll give you all the tools you need!
DON'T FORGET YOUR (FREE!) WORKBOOK!
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with our done-for-you planning workbook – FREE when you join our email list!
With ready-to-go checklists, serving size suggestions, timelines, and more so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying the holiday.